Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sidney, British Columbia A Orange Jellyfish Shaped UFO (Photos)

Posted: February 9, 2008

Date: September 9, 2007 Time: 9:10 p.m.

Location of Sighting: Sidney. Number of witnesses: 2 Number of objects: 1 Shape of objects: Round.

Full Description of event/sighting: I stepped outside to have a smoke and saw a bright orange ball of light heading southward directly at me. My wife came out and we watched it pass over head. I grabbed the binoculars and we both had multiple turns viewing it. My wife describes it as an "orange jellyfish" It looked like that to me too but it had a structure to the leading edge of the sphere like a crescent. It was very bright, brilliant even. It pulsated/flickered/jiggled slightly, the color was not homogenous or static it was very much like a glowing orange jellyfish! It continued due south over Sidney at a increasing rate of speed and appeared to move south towards Victoria and then south-west and out of sight dimming from view. I have lived by this airport here many years and neither of us has seen anything remotely like that thing. The sighting lasted about 3-4 minutes. I had time to grab a digital camera and take 4 pictures of it. Three of the pictures show the object poorly. I would expect a lot of people would have seen it if they looked skyward. It was very conspicuous. If you would like more info please let me know.

Additional Information:

Brian,

Thanks for the quick response to my sighting report. It was rather exciting to see this thing. About the only thing I can add is that what struck me most about the sighting is that when I viewed it in the binoculars 10 X 50 It was rather large in the field of view. It was round, almost seemed partially transparent although the stars did not shine through it. On the edge of the "orb" facing the direction of travel was a crescent shaped object that was almost white that looked like it was "in" the orb on the front edge. It was perfectly aligned with the direction of travel. The rest of the orb was orangish and the crescent within appeared almost white like it was tinted a little bit orange from the surrounding orb.

I have tried to explain it away as a floating balloon or bag with a candle in it or something. It was moving way to fast I think to be moving with the wind, which incidentally was blowing lightly southward on that night. Also it was much to bright. I have also seen hot air balloons at night and it wasn't one of those either. When I looked at in the binoculars I was very surprised that I was able to see anything other than a disc/dot. Whatever it was, I had a really good look at it. I cannot explain it. I watched it with the binoculars for a full minute at least. I'll never forget what it looked like. When my wife and I discussed it we estimated it to be perhaps 1500 feet up. Perhaps the size of a very large plane. I doubt it because the focus of my binoculars showed it was fairly close. It was very difficult to estimate the size and distance. If it was at 10's of thousands of feet, like reported by someone else that night then the size of it would be absolutely enormous. It made absolutely no sound. It made no "sudden" movements other than seeming to speed up. I do not think it went upward. It moved to the south west and gradually dimmed from view. When it passed by me at 9:10 it was only about 2 km's from the airport. If they didn't see it...they are blind, and shouldn't run an airport. It crossed right through both runway approaches. (1 final approach is right beside my house) It was very, very noticeable.

Unfortunately you will be disappointed with the pictures because they don't show anything other than the color of it. The object did not look like what the picture shows. The photos show camera movement and streak out the "dot". The fourth didn't capture it for some reason. (I tried zooming in but couldn't find the object through the viewfinder so clicked anyways.) The sky was clear and the stars visible. I took the pictures without bracing the camera, dang it. I put the camera on landscape mode to lock the focus at infinity. Does show how bright it was though because the stars aren't visible at all in the picture. The only thing I did to the pictures was crop them a bit. I did not adjust exposure or anything else.

I put my Photoshop skills to the test and drew a picture.

Came out pretty good, it looked alot like this but more jellyfish like in the interior. The scale of the crescent within is about perfect maybe a little thinner. It is really hard to draw with Photoshop, I could probably do better with some crayons. But it does look like the object.

I might add that I am skywatcher, I practice amateur astronomy, I watch satellites, shuttles, ISS, celestial events etc. I have also been interested in UFOs all my life, but will believe it when I see one land on the lawn of the legislature. I have seen many unexplained objects, although none has even remotely piqued my interest as much as this sighting. Thank god my wife walked out to see it or she would think I'm nuts.

Thank you for sending the other report to me. Told Ya!

I'll be watching a lot more closer.

Here are the actual photos.

Hope this helps you. Keep me posted Brian, If you want to hear a report from my wife let me know. Don't know if she can add much but your welcome to ask her! Hopefully you get more reports of this peculiar orange orb.

Sincerely yours.






Thank you to the witness for the really interesting report.

Would you like to be a guest on my radio show ? (The Vike Report) If so and have an interesting UFO or Sasquatch story to relate, please drop Brian Vike, Director of HBCC UFO Research a line with the information, please include your telephone number so I can make arrangements for the interview. Please note that HBCC UFO Research does not ever give out anyone's private information to anyone.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Also advertise your product with HBCC UFO Research, all advertising funds go directly to a new toll free UFO reporting hotline.

Details on how to Advertising On The HBCC UFO Research Website, Radio Show & Newsletters. *Advertising On The HBCC UFO Research Website, Radio Show & Newsletters*

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences. *The Vike Report Eyewitness UFO Radio Show*

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do. *Vike Report Radio Show Blog*

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: