Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Silver Grey Flying Saucer Seen Over Tuc-El-Nuit Lake Oliver British Columbia


Date: Early to mid 1950's
Time: Early afternoon.

Location of Sighting: Tuc-el-nuit Lake Oliver, British Columbia.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Saucer shape on top and bottom.

Brian Vike's Note: Now this is a really interesting sighting report since there appears to have been more people who witnessed this object as the person reporting mentions the radio station carried a news story on this craft being observed by others.

I would like to request from others who were in that area at the time and if they saw this craft, would you please be kind enough to contact me here at sighting@telus.net with the details of what you saw. Thank you, Brian.

Full Description of event/sighting: I recall I was 8 or 10 years old and playing by myself in our back yard on the west side of Tuc-el-Nuit Lake.

I was not looking at the lake but was facing north. A movement over my right shoulder caught my attention and I turned towards the lake.

Flying very low above the lake and coming from the south was a very strange looking airplane. It had no wings, no propeller, was the same shape top and bottom and made no sound.

The size was a bit bigger than any plane I'd seen before and the only planes I had seen were small private planes. I'd never been to a big airport. The colour a silver grey.

The lake was only half a mile wide at that point so "the plane" was quite close and only about three times as high as our rooftop. If it had been a float plane I would have expected it to be landing at the far end of the lake.

It was moving only a little faster than I would have expected a plane to fly. I watched it continue up the lake then went back to my playing.

Later when I went in the house I told my mother about the strange plane I'd seen.

A short time later she heard on the 5:00 pm news that a "flying saucer" had been seen by a great many people flying north up the Okanagan Valley.

It fit the description of what I'd seen so she told me about it. The radio station was CKOK Penticton, British Columbia.

I wasn't overly impressed as I'd never even heard of flying saucers. My parents were aware of them but it was never a topic that they had any reason to discuss.

To me it was just a funny looking airplane. In fact, if it had not been on the news I doubt that I would have remembered it as the years went by. Of course to see it now would be very exciting and I would pay a lot more attention!

Over the years I've looked at archives of sightings in B.C. but have never seen mention of that event. That surprises me a bit since several people apparently reported it to the radio station at the time.

Unfortunately I can't give the exact year. I just know it was after 1950 and before 1960. It was around the time that my parents were part of a team of volunteers that had to report any planes they heard or saw during their shift.

My parents shift was midnight to 2:00 a.m. Both being teachers they used the time to mark papers! Years later when I asked why they were doing that, they couldn't remember what it was about but that it was being done in more areas than Oliver.

Around that same time period there was another sighting in the sky that I noted but did not think about more than just briefly. I was in the same area of Oliver playing with some friends. This was early afternoon in the summer.

They were standing above me on a mound of dirt and as I was looking at them I noticed three bright lights in the sky to the north. They looked like very bright stars and formed a small triangle. We all watched them for a while, but they didn't move so we went on playing.

Over the next half hour whenever we looked up they were there. Since I remembered my father saying that as a boy in Alert Bay (1920's) he and a friend once watched several un-moving "stars" for a whole afternoon I just assumed that we also were looking at stars.

Yes we knew that it was unusual to see stars in the daylight. The reason I remembered the event was that I was pleased that I'd seen something special that my dad had seen when he was about my age. Since then I've looked for stars in the daytime sky when the air is very clear but have never seen any.

I realize this report is from a long time ago but I am hoping you have records of this from other people. If nothing else I appreciate the opportunity to at last tell someone about the event. Thank-you.

Thank you to the witness for the wonderful report.

If anyone has witnessed the UFO/Object, please send me an email with details of what you saw. Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from everywhere in the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here: http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: v_factor_paranormal@live.com or b_vike@telus.net

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

No comments: